Monday, February 17, 2014

Vintage Prom...

Hey Guys,

My prom search continues and it's kind of stalling. As in I haven't actually tried on one dress yet, nor, been to a dress boutique. Technically I have a couple months left to figure out what I want to wear, but in the back of my head I'm thinking "I really need to find a dress!". Then it hit me....Why can't I wear one of the dresses I already own. I mean nobody at School, would know that I've had it for a couple of years or that I wore it in my cousins wedding or even that I got it in a thrift shop. So I challenge the whole Class of 2014 to consider some of the dresses you already own or just hit the local thrift shop and see what you'll find. The first dress below, was gifted to me from somebody from my church. She saw it in a Salvation Army and at the price of $25 she bought it for me. The second dress, I bought from a thrift shop or thrift shop dealer (It's been so long I don't even remember). However, I know that I bought it for about $30. Obviously, these dresses needed a good cleaning and tender, love and care. But the feeling of looking fabulously vintage with out breaking your weekly Chinese food budget, feels really good!








0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com